Monday, November 16, 2009

cricket... cricket...

OK, so its been a while since I've had the opportunity to post. I do apologize, but this one will have to be short as well. Just a quick update, I'm currently in Kuwait, finishing up mandatory training before headed up north. I'm doing well, its actually not that bad here. The weather is tolerable, and I'm well adjusted to the ten hour time difference now. Glad I'm not here during the summer, heard it gets into the 140's. Miss everybody from home, but I'll be back soon enough. Kuwait is an interesting place. The city as I saw it from the air looked rich, with tall buildings and busy well lit highways, surrounded by a whole lot of nothing for as far as you can see. Where I am right now, I've yet to see anything but six camels, dirt, and rocks. Nothing but dirt and training complexes for miles. Facilities here are alright, huge tents filled with cots and lots of porta-johns. The chow halls are actually impressive, for the most part better than the ones on post in the states. Not extremely stressful here, short bursts of business followed by periods where there isn't much to do other than pray for an email from the unit we're replacing. Ran into a few buddies from school and training. Its good to see familiar faces and catch up. Small Army I guess. Thats all for now, I'll try to update again later.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you have arrived safely and love the idea that you will be a fellow "blogger" Upload a pic now and then! You can even get snapfish to print out all your entries someday if you find you want a hard copy. Take Care - Leanne (Nane) and Uncle Mike (Go Postal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you made it safely to your destination (even if we don't have to like the fact that it's about a million miles away--or might as well be). It's cool, too, that you've decided to share your experiences with us. I've hear about the land over there from other friends who are serving, but it's interesting that everyone has different ways of describing the same areas. I look forward to reading about your journey. Please stay safe, and update us as you can. You're in my prayers every day. Mama and the rest of the family send their love. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made it there safe. I'm also very glad you've decided to start this blog. It's so enlightening to gain new insight of a person I've known for years but I guess never really "knew." You're the only person I know who is currently serving so it will be interesting to follow your journey. I'll be praying for your safe return, as will everyone here at home. Take care of yourself. We love you and thank you for serving!

    ReplyDelete