Monday, February 22, 2010

Afterthought

So, after doing this workout a while, I've realized I haven't allocated much recovery time into it at all. Given the weight and intensity of the exercise, I reckon I should probably rethink it for a while. It did however boost my metabolism a good bit, but I'm afraid if I continue the result will be injury. Last night I clean and pressed 180 pounds ten times during my eight exercise workout. Thats more than ten pounds over my current body-weight (the Iraqi diet I've been on has helped a good bit with that... I left Warrior at 175) and a good bit of weight to throw over your head. I'm definitely feeling it today, after wearing all my gear for 10 hours straight. It might do me some good to stick to the traditional methods. Maybe cut the weight training to 2 30 minute sessions 3 days a week or something. I'll figure it out. Anyway, I'm back at Warrior, back to work. Good to be back with my platoon and back out on the road again.

1 comment:

  1. You will figure out what works for you...no need and getting yourself hurt.

    ReplyDelete