Sunday, January 17, 2010

Update

Here I am, halfway through January on my deployment to Iraq. We've got our combat patch ceremony coming up in a few days. It is hard to believe we've been gone this long already. The past week or so has been slow, the guys need to get back outside the wire. They all look bored. They are getting some good rest though, and it will help them in the next few weeks when the schedule gets hectic again. We have been lucky so far. To be honest I can't wait to get out in sector again to check up on the school projects going on in the area. Those missions are almost always the best. The new guys have been a great addition to the team, they've added a little bit more life to the party and have done well to blend in with the rest of the platoon. Everyone is still missing home, guys have started to make plans for leave. I'm not sure if I'll be taking it, doesn't feel right to leave my guys out here. I miss home but right now, this is where I need to be. I'm not bored, there's plenty for me and the guys to work on. It gets monotonous, but training has to be like muscle memory. So we'll keep training, we'll keep doing what we do. I'll see you soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. ...and we'll be very glad to see you. We love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete