Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Attention to Orders

aaaaand its official. I'm now a 1LT. Nice pay raise, new black bar, life's good. I'm working my rear end off trying to do all the work that is involved with the STT. Right now I'm planning training for the IA BDE at end of the month that involves a leader's reaction course, troop leading procedures, IED defeat, squad movements, reconnaissance, knocking out a bunker, room clearing, detainee operations, tactical questioning, tactical site exploitation, and a stress shoot all in one culmination of training. I've got my work cut out for me. Good times, and good experience though.
In other news, I've started P90X and I'm currently on Day 2. I've watched all the dvds, and tried them all out leading up to the program, and they're not easy. I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty smoked for the next 270 days. There are three programs. The first for me, X Doubles, is the hardest of the three programs. I figure this will get me where I need to be with the best results to begin. After that I'm planning on doing the X Lean program, which is another 90 days but more cardio based. My final phase will be the X Classic. With everything I've read into this, I think it will work. The science makes sense, and the workouts are tough. I've set goals for myself and I'm gonna stick with it until I reach those goals.
Its 2325 and I've got more work to do... sleep's a crutch. Drink water, drive on.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with the new workout routine, and big Congrats on the promotion!

    ReplyDelete