Friday, April 23, 2010

quick update

So two weeks? It all runs together, sorry. Here goes. Work with the MiTT team is complete, our transition to the STT is in full swing. I've effectively taken over the responsibilities of 4 captains and two majors, although I'm not sure if I will be as effective as al of them together. I'm sure we'll get by though, we'll get the work done and thats all that matters. I think I'll be working a little harder than usual though. We still haven't moved yet, its a couple days away and I'm still trying to figure out how we're going to accomplish the move with everything going on as well. There is an Iraqi Squad Competition that we've planned for a few days from now, which should be lots of fun and a very unique experience. It will last four days and cover everything from sector sketches and marksmanship to individual movement techniques and battle drills. Its a challenge, and its the first time most of my guys have had an opportunity to teach these things. Most of them have only been in the army a couple of years, if that long. Still, I am proud of them for what they are doing and the efficient manner in which they do it. I couldn't ask for a better platoon. We've also got our patrols, KLEs, and other tasks, and then I've got my meetings, then more meetings, then additional reports, etc. Its a busy schedule. I love it though, it actually feels like we're doing something worthwhile out here. It has really helped the morale of the guys doing this, even though we're working more than we were before. In other notes, I've started planning for redeployment. The date of my return is screaming closer a mile a minute. With days running together like this, it will be over before I know it. I can't be unprepared. Working on budgeting, trying to find a house, all the little things that have to be set up when I get back. I want to get my plan in order now so that when my guys have problems I can help them without having to worry about my own. I'm looking for another 3 bed 2 bath to settle into when I get back. I realize rent will be higher but I'm not too worried about it. I like having some space, especially if I'm going to have visitors. All for now, got work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment