Saturday, April 10, 2010

Another week down

I think I can probably manage at least one post a week now. Things are going well, I'm enjoying the new job and working with my Iraqi counterparts. Outside the wire every day, working with the Iraqi Army. There's a lot going on here in Iraq, but I'll stay out of the details as much as I can. Just know I'm busy working, doing what I do day in and day out, and I love my job. I've started running again, and believe me its been a rough start. I hate running. I'll find excuses not to run. I'm good and fast if its a short distance, but I hope I never HAVE to run very far. I'm not so good at distance. The army still uses a 2 mile PT test, so I guess I'll conform to the masses and just deal with it until they come up with a sprint test or something. Or until I'm old enough all I have to do is show up to pass. Still, I've started running again. Someone once told me the only way to get better at running is to run more, so I've started. Besides, its probably good for me anyway. Still working on the diet, no results thus far. No progress. I've got more time in the evenings now, so its easier to get to the gym. About the beginning of May or so I'll start a P90X program, and try to maintain it for the full 90 days. We'll see how that goes. It will be right after we move to the new complex, so I'm hoping the location change will be what I need to amp up the schedule. Got my sister a birthday present today, hopefully I'll get it in the mail and shipped home before she leaves for Georgia. Got a little something for my mom as well. I miss being at home. Looking forward to the day I get out of here and get to go home for a while. Thats all for now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment