Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter in Iraq

Happy Easter to all those at home! I'm really missing home today. Wish I could be with my family. I just got back from my Easter dinner here in Kirkuk... a square fish patty, broccoli, a dinner roll and grape juice. Not exactly the best but at least edible. I broke down and had a mountain dew as well. Church was nice, but a very short service. Overall its been a busy day today. Everyone in squadron had a holiday, but my day was filled with all the things I've been neglecting to do the rest of the week. Got most everything done early; haircut, laundry, cleaned my room, took out the trash, sent some documents to the burn pit, and started packing for my move to the complex. After that I took some time to relax, sit back and read a couple magazines, dream about hot rods, and make a couple phone calls. My room mate took the day to catch up on the sleep he's missed out on the past couple weeks. I don't blame him... his schedule has been pretty hectic here lately, especially post-election. For once I'm much more relaxed. Its simple really, I know I'll go out every day in the morning, and I'll come back sometime later that afternoon or evening. Going out every day is much better and much more manageable than the possibility of going out every day at a moments notice. In the end it means more time outside the wire and on the road than before, but at the same time its better because I can plan it, and plan around it. Tomorrow's back to work, business as usual.

1 comment:

  1. We had a very warm day, everything is blooming (which unfortunately means lots of pollen too) Hope the move goes well and you get settled into your new routine!

    ReplyDelete